Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 3: Goodbye, Copenhagen


When Kim & I put out a desperate call for anyone who knows anyone who can help us find a place to stay in Copenhagen with about 8 hours’ notice, we’re not expecting to end up minutes away from central Stockholm with the kindest person we’ve met so far on our trip. But that’s exactly what happens as we meet C., a stunning Danish student who welcomes us easily into her house and instantly makes us feel at home. She even wakes up after a late night and 3.5 hours of sleep to go out and get us some breakfast. When we thank her profusely she simply waves her hand and says, “Don’t worry. I’ve always wanted to be the kind of person that easily welcomes people into my house like this, so actually it helps me to feel like a good person to let you stay on my couches”.

We end up talking about Volvos, and she says that she’s always wanted one. “I like that they’re square. My favorite is the dark green color. It’s a simple choice, actually – you either buy a German car or a Swedish car. I’ve always thought that when you buy a Volvo, you have it for the rest of your life.”

C. is a wonderful, easy-going, relaxed, happy person who clearly has a lot of good friends in her life – including her housemates, who are all just as cool with us staying there as she is. This is one of the moments we realize that good people are what makes a trip – and one of the nights that makes all the stress we’ve been under over here completely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment